9.05.2006

Why? The Pomposity.

I just forgot why I do this. I started this blog as a personal exercise, to get me to writing in an informal yet regular way, without over-thinking or censoring too much. I also wanted to force myself to put my imperfect writing in a public space, to get over those fears.

But I don't have something to say to the world every day. No, that's not true. You should listen in to my head sometimes. I certainly think I have something to say to the world, almost every minute of the day. I'm ridiculously pompous. So why am I such a shrinking flower when it comes to posting on my blog?

At first, I thought my creativity was playing coy, and would loosen up and I would get rolling by now. But most of the time, when I sit down to post something on my blog, I feel the same inhibition I felt the very first time. Is it like this for other bloggers? (Haha, I inadvertently referred to myself as a "blogger"). Is this an initial shyness that will wear off? And are my original reasons for doing this being satisfied? I'm certainly posting informal musings in a public space, but how many are reading and should I or should I not focus more on content? If I have so much to say, why aren't I saying it? And what makes me think anyone wants to read about *this*? :)

1 comment:

Dani California said...

Well I certainly want to read it. I think things always sound so great in our heads, even things that are absurd when spoken outloud. The trick is to understand what deserves to be written down (or said outloud) and what does not. I think maymoonshine is doing a great job of making that distinction. Keep on keepin on sista!