2.13.2007

Thank Goodness for Progress

My housemate is doing Weight Watchers. She has lost about 9 pounds in 4 weeks or so, and while I am inspired, I don't know if it's worth getting up at 5:30 a.m. every morning. I need 8 hours of sleep, and I mean, how early can one go to bed, anyways? I vote for chubby and well-rested.

Weight Watchers has a point system and I don't fully understand it but my housemate chose the flex plan so she can eat whatever she wants as long as they are within the correct point parameters. Good thing it's 2007, not 1974, when she would have been encouraged to eat Hot Wrap Ups, Bean and Mushroom Salad, and a curious little delicacy called Fluffy Mackerel Pudding. No wonder people lost weight.

Definitely check out Wendy McClure's collection of Weight Watcher's recipe cards and clever comments. And stay away from the bong water.

No comments: