11.22.2006

More Bellydance!

I found this video recording that somebody made of the 2006 Tribal Fest in Sebastapol, Ca. He's obviously an amateur videographer and some of the performances are amateur as well (I have to hand it to anyone brave enough to perform in front of an audience!).

But it is so worth it to watch who I think is Mira Betz (and if I'm correct, it is kind of weird that I can recognize her by her belly and shimmies). Click on the tab that shows how far along the video is and fast-forward to 50:00 minutes.

At 57:42, Rachel Brice, an amazing tribal fusion bellydancer, performs a taqseem, or drum solo. These are some of my favorite dances to watch because the rhythmic interaction between the musician and dancer are highlighted.

And at 1:07 you can see the performance that came with a warning on the Tribal Fest program. I don't know this dancer's name, but she is a performance artist who actually pierced huge metal "wings" all the way down her back. I didn't know if I could bear to watch this after hearing the description of her temporary piercings but once she started to dance, I couldn't look away. She's really quite an amazing dancer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hellloooo?!?!?! We are waiting for an update here!!!